Friday, May 9, 2008

Honduras Mission

I will be traveling to Honduras with a group of ladies from International Mission Builders next month. We will be taking a week long trip and will have an opportunity to teach Vacation Bible School to the children in the schools there. In addition we will be traveling through rural areas spreading the Good News! I asked Brother Gene, the Missions Director, if there was anything K4C could do to help. He has challenged us to provide 100 "care packages" to be distributed throughout the areas we will be witnessing. In order to prepare the packages, we will need the following items:

Wash Cloths
Bar Soaps
Toothbrushes
Toothpaste - small travel size
Combs
Band-Aids

I assured him that our Bethel Family could put this together with no problem. If you can help, please bring your items to Bethel by May 21st. If anyone is able to provide one item in its entirety, please call me (Amy) before Sunday or catch me before the 11:00 am service. The children will need to have the items assembled and ready for delivery by May 30th.

This will be an awesome opportunity for the kids to actually see the results of their good deeds. I plan to document the trip well by journaling and taking a lot of photos so I can spend time telling the kids about my experience in Honduras. While there, I will also be inquiring about a Pen Pal program and other ways the K4C group can be involved and how our relationship with this organization might grow.

No comments: